A Dozen Good Eggs

Friday, January 22, 2010

I really LIKE my sleep. and today my day started at 330am. UGH! that means now at almost 10am I have put in a full day! I could use a nap! Maybe later I can sneak one. Sophie woke at 330 to go to the bathroom and never did go back to sleep. cried and cried about a belly ache. I gave her a bowl but she never really did throw up. Since I have had two others recently with this bug I knew what to expect. I laid in bed for a little while to be warm but she wasnt sleeping. then Ben started screaming(not the usual wah wah I dont like the dark but AAAAAAHHHHH!) and then I heard him say Ben SICK! and sure enough he was. I gave him a bowl and got soaking wet Ethan stripped and laid down on the extra mattress. I went back to my bed thinking MAYBE since it was now only 530am we might get to sleep another hour. no such luck, ethan came in to tell me that Ben was only pretending to throw up and he was keeping him awake. he has NO empathy or sympathy when it comes to sibs. finally I gave up and tossed him in the shower with dad so he could get ready for school and we have all been up since then. Sophie is going be even more of a crank than usual as she usually gets up around 7-730 so being up at 330 is 4 hours short on sleep! I am sure feeling it too!

Tonight of course is Eric;s companies holiday party. its a luau. and Eric was nominated for some award so we have to go otherwise we would not have even planned to go. so now I am exhausted and have sick kids and have to go to dinner with people I dont know and mostly dont know or care about me or us. FUN TIMES!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you get a kick of energy for your party...I imagine you must be very tired. Hope you have fun...sounds like it could be laugh invoking....;-)

    Kimmie
    mama to 7
    one homemade and 6 adopted
    expecting again...from Ethiopia

    ReplyDelete