A Dozen Good Eggs

Friday, April 30, 2010

no less than 4 times

in the last couple of days I have caught Ethan telling me the truth when a perfectly good lie would have done. I know this sounds crazy but this is Ethan. He once even told me Maia wet his pants! he lies most of the time and generally when telling the truth would have worked out better. Even things that dont mean trouble, he would lie. so no less than 4 times in the last few days he has told me the truth about several things, even things that DO mean you get in trouble. of course trouble was much lessened by telling the truth. I guess maybe MAYBE something I am doing is getting through. Maybe he is tired of going to his room. maybe he is tired of getting time out when NOTHING would have happened if he told the truth. I dont know what happened but I am glad he is FINALLY learning.

2 comments:

  1. That is great! I know how frustrating it is when a child continually tells lies. One of mine in particular went through a time of this. I explained to her that I would always have to question everything she tells me because of her lying. We read stories about the consequences of lying and rewards of telling the truth. After many spankings and discussions, I finally got through and she is now an honest child. Thankfully! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Baby steps! What progress!YOU are doing FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete