A Dozen Good Eggs

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

til there was you

there were bells. on a hill. but I never heard them ringing.
no I never heard them at all, till there was you.

I think about how much my kids have lost in moving to a new country, but also how much they have gained. and I think how they are the bells. they are the very thing you always wanted but never knew what it was. I love them so much. I love how when Jaeger stomps and pouts if I stomp and pout too it turns into laughter instead of tears. I love how the Diana and Natasha cant get enough hugs and kisses. I love how Andre asks me every day "what today eat?" I love when Ethan does the right thing and I catch him so I can point it out. seems to happen more and more lately. I love how Maia still thinks herself my baby and crawling into my lap solves everything. I love how Cody still tells me he loves me when he leaves for school and how Chrysta never leaves without a kiss goodbye. I love how Sophie just keeps on keepin on even though its hard. I love how sweet my Ben is, how his cheeks feel when I kiss them. yes there were bells. but they were OTHER people's bells. now I hear them. they are for me.

there were birds in the sky but I never heard them singing. no I never heard them at all, till there was you

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Children who live in orphanages are never given the chance to be loved and cared for. They are never given the chance to have a warm and loving, secure home. But when these children are adopted they finally get their chance at a normal life and live in an environment in which they are loved and well cared for and can live a happy life. Thanks for aiding orphans Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a good mom. And a good writer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tam, they have lost nothing! Maybe just people who love them and have taken care of them. But we next to you. And we will always remember your amazing kids ;)

    ReplyDelete