A Dozen Good Eggs

Saturday, January 28, 2012

a weeks time

I have been home a week now. the days are getting longer. I am getting stronger. I am feeling better. Next week I have a CT to check on the abcess and also apppointments with surgeon and infectious disease doc. Hopefully the surgeon will deem me fit for removal of drain. it is a drain on my soul, the quality of my life. I did my infuzion every day. its annoying but I get it done. it is making all the difference. I feel so much better. Weak and tired. but not so much in pain or agony or feeling sick.
I decided we needed a water purifier. our new well is no where near as good as the old one! so I took myself to target. I was EXHAUSTED when I got back. but I did it! I got a water purifier. and then I got a nap. to think I used to walk all over the store and walk to my car at the end of the lot. today I could barely walk from handicapped parking to water purifier and back again. I am also losing weight like crazy. Down to 161! and I have a WAIST! I dont recall having a waist any time in the recent past. I am excited to see 150s. This isnt the way I planned to lose weight. but really I am doing it right, I eat less(not hungry, limited diet plan, and smaller stomach able to hold less) and I am so weak that every trip upstairs or down is a workout. not to mention antibiotic diahrrea. all of it adds up to weight loss. 20 down! 30 to go! I cant eat a lot of stuff I used to. pizza soda mac n cheese. anything high fat! that means I cant eat all the stuff that made me fat in the first place. Ill miss those things but once in awhile I could have a small amount(AFTER I am long better and not risking another pancreatic attack.) I just cant live on it. I gotta find a new way of life. one that includes low fat/no fat. fruits and veggies. so anyways I am getting better. definitely stronger, and in a better frame of mind.

6 comments:

  1. No pizza?! Those two words should never be together! Glad to hear things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is always a bright side. :) Keep your chin up. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. erin I agree. but its better than the alternative! thanks Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Your kids are
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. You are an amazing, precious gift and special earthly angel. You are full of courageous, strength, determination, and fight. You are a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspiration. You are a super hero, super trooper, and a tough cookie. You are full of life, spunk, joy, smiles, and sunshine. You have taught everyone about life, and the gift of life. http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and have 14 medical conditions all together. I love it when people sign my guestbook.

    You are an amazing wonderful person, mom,wife and friend. You are an inspiration and a hero. I will be praying for you and your recent health isues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your strength! Remember the rule of thumb-allow one week of home recovery for every DAY you were in the hospital! You will start to feel better little by little, week by week. HUGS! (But not too tight of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks Mama. a week for every day means this is going to take MONTHS. but its ok. its getting better enough that I can start to see the improvements. little things like walking all the way down the hall without stopping. yesterday I walked to the garage! its not connected to the house! baby steps baby steps. thanks for all the support!

    ReplyDelete