A Dozen Good Eggs

Saturday, November 2, 2013

These are a few of my favorite things!

There are some things that some of our kids really dislike. but we do have a lot of favorites.  One of our heirloom family recipes is Squash Souffle' born of an excess of squash and lack of ideas how to cook it.  Most holidays we have it and many times in between. 

We love going to museums. I think our favorite is the Minnesota Institute of Art, and the Minnesota History Center coming in second. the kids as well as Eric and I try to get there at least a couple times a year.  The period rooms decorated for the seasons is always beautiful. When we tell the kids we are going there they get all excited.

Our favorite board game is Chinese checkers. We have a variety of games, yahtzee, chutes and ladders, scrabble. but they always go back to Chinese checkers.

Personally my favorite season is summer. I THINK the kids would choose summer as their favorite too. They love the beach, they love the green grass and playing outside and going barefoot. When it turns to cold weather I have to hound them to put clothes on. so I am guessing they would choose summer as their favorite also.

Cheaper by the dozen is our favorite movie as a family. Everyone has their own favorites individually but as a family we love watching Cheaper By the Dozen.  The funny thing about that movie is that everyone MOSTLY gets along and have alliances. But our kids fight all the time. Of course they are a tv family and we are a real life family.

We love cats and dogs and our chickens.  The kids and I would love to have goats and sheep and a cow someday. I don't think we have a favorite animal. We love all our animals.



No comments:

Post a Comment